THOM QAFZEZI AND LUCETTA ZAYTOUN,
It’s Faked Up!® CoFounders
As colleagues, during a Leadership Program Retreat that our leaders, Thom and Lucetta, attended. In this program, Thom and Lucetta were required to come up with a “small” project to be delivered by the middle of the program. Small being the operative word. Below is their brainstorming conversation that launched, It’s Faked Up!.
The Birth of It’s Faked Up!
Thom laying on the floor with a high fever while Lucetta beside him, tries to convince him to drink water; which he can’t stand.
She hands him a water bottle,”Thom, we only have one hour to create a three-hour seminar.”
Weakly he sips and responds, “a three-hour seminar is not long enough for people to really change their lives.”
“Ok then, what about three days? We could affect some transformation in a three-day retreat.”
Coming back to life, Thom sits up, “on a cruise ship.”
“What!? You’re delirious! We can’t create, market, and deliver a cruise in the 8 weeks we’ve been given, that’s insane!”
“If we’re gonna ask our participants to play big, we can’t play small. We’ve got to walk our talk. Whoa, I have to lay back down, this is making my head spin.”
“Oh yeah, well we also can’t ask them to make big changes and then leave them out there on their own. We need to support them through integrating those changes for at least six weeks.”
“Now who’s delirious Lucetta?!”
“Seriously, we have to do this. So many people are living a life that’s not the one they want, they’re faking it, and it doesn’t have to be that way.”
“Yeah, and that’s f*cked up.”
“Thom, we can’t say that!”
“Yeah, truth is, It’s Faked Up!”
"Lucetta is an amazing coach. Her authentic, supportive, and challenging presence provided a safe space for me to try things I didn’t think were possible..."
After raising six children and launching them out into the world, a life smack hit that devastated Lucetta. She discovered her husband had fallen in love with another woman. That led her to put everything she owned in storage, sell her car, shut down her phone and travel in developing countries by herself for one year. Lucetta’s precarious, intrepid and fascinating runaway journey took her to places she never imagined.
Without intending to, at age 51, she jumped off the world’s highest bungee bridge, was French-kissed by a giraffe, fell in love with Africa, was abducted, ate a tarantula in Cambodia, and ultimately found herself.
While on her courageous journey, every bit of Lucetta’s past showed up to haunt and heal her, helping her make peace with her life and reclaim her authentic identity.
Lucetta is now an International Speaker, Certified Life and Leadership Coach and an Author.
Memoir of her trip, “It’s Already Tomorrow Here: Never Underestimate the Power of Running Away” / “Fear Busting: 15 Ways To Push Past Fear” – Both books available on Amazon.
- Founder of Your Life in Bold, LLC.
- Certified Professional Co-Active Coach, The Coaches Training Institute (CTI).
- Professional Certified Coach, International Coach Federation.
- ICF Board of Directors – Programs Chair 2013.
- Bachelors degree in Counseling.
- TEFL Certified – Teaching English as a Foreign Language.
- Award Winning Entrepreneur.
- Traveled 14 developing countries.
- Worked closely with a Masai tribe to help create a micro loan system for the women.
- Was kissed by a giraffe in Kenya.
- Ate termites, crickets, and a tarantula.
- Trekked to find a Rwandan Gorilla family.
- Jumped off the World’s Highest Bungee Bridge, because obviously she is crazy.
For additional information, please visit lucettazaytoun.com.
"Thom demonstrates incredible insight into others and has an extraordinary way with words..."
Thom leads and inspires others by guiding them on a journey to “defy gravity” and live authentically – refusing to live by the rules of other’s; even if the “other” is themselves.
Thom is a certified life, executive and team coach as well as an organizational psychology professional who has helped many individuals, leaders and teams break through their preconceived limitations and self-limiting beliefs to fly higher than they ever thought possible. Thom understands the brain’s natural resistance to change and utilizes that knowledge and background to help his clients understand the shift needed to achieve what they want most for themselves.
Thom has overcome many obstacles in his life, to include leaping from the “safety” of corporate America to do what he loves – helping others in and out of corporate America live a life aligned with their passions, values and a strong sense of purpose.
In addition to being the Co-Founder of It’s Faked Up!, Thom is the President and CEO of Molto Crescendo, Inc. where he specializes in coaching, organizational psychology, and organizational development. He is currently writing his first book, “The Peter Principle Revisited – Again!”, which discusses leadership ineffectiveness in corporate America and how to turn the dilemma around through appropriate selection decisions and ongoing development.
- Personal and Executive Coaching, The Coaches Training institute (CTI).
- Organization, Relationship and Systems Coaching, The Center for Right Relationship (CRR Global).
- Inside Team Coaching (Coaching the inner team of the individual), The Center for Right Relationship (CRR Global).
- Associate Certified Coach, International Coach Federation.
- Master of Industrial and Organizational Psychology, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology.
- Master of Business Administration, Nova Southeastern University.
- International Coach Federation Board of Directors – Strategic Advisor.
- Got married on television.
- Sold his home, downsized his life and opened his company.
- Completed his undergrad, graduate and post graduate degrees in his 40’s.